Friday, May 16, 2008

gays everywhere!




I've only been a gender studies major for a short while, but I don't think I've taken a gender studies class without a section on homophobia or gay rights.

Honestly, I really do try to listen to others' arguments and try to understand why they think a certain way. Unfortunately, I simply can not wrap my brain around the arguments against gay marriage...


Next thing you know, people are going to want to marry their dogs.

Then people are going to want to marry children.

The government should not deny a child a mother and a father.


These 'arguments' are so inane, I don't even know where to start. It's really a little infuriating.


Even though Jon Stewart hosts a 'comedy show,' he really is rather intelligent. He sums up a lot of my feelings in the following interview with Bill Bennett from two years ago.

Please, PLEASE, watch this.

Part one


Part Two

1 comment:

Cayce Smith said...

Ya, he is so smart in this discussion. What he says is EXACTLY how I feel about it...