Tuesday, June 10, 2008

fine.




I just received this comment on my correctly attributed post about the poetry of Sandra Cisneros:

I work for the agency Susan Bergholz Literary Services, agent for Sandra Cisneros, and we insist that this excerpt, 'Mariela' from MY WICKED WICKED WAYS be taken down as it violates the author's copyright. Please spare us having to send an official letter to the host of your blog.

With sincere thanks,
Melanie Fleishman
asst to Susan Bergholz


I removed it for now, but let's just say I'm not very pleased. How many times have I included excerpts from books (always with author's name, publication name, and usually a link or two) and haven't received comments about THOSE books.

Sandra, I love your work, but find some literary agents that aren't so uptight. Thanks, April.

1 comment:

Cayce Smith said...

Oh my gosh...that's absurd! I actually think that blogging about authors helps to spread the word about them. Talk about anal! Makes you really want to promote the author, no? jaja